+351 231 510 400
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 12:30pm GMT
14:00am – 18:00pm GMT
WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY COVER?
If any defect covered by the limited warranty is detected within 2 years from the date of purchase, CMS Helmets® shall repair or replace the defective product through its own distribution network, after the defect has been verified.
CMS Helmets® shall supply all the material and labour deemed reasonably necessary to remedy the reported defect, unless the damage falls within the scope of the items listed in the section below titled “EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGE”.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY COVERAGE
This warranty only covers material and manufacturing defects.
CMS Helmets® may not be held responsible for any product defects attributable to any other cause, whether in whole or in part, including (by way of example, without limitations):
- damage caused by improper use, neglect and/or normal internal and external wear;
- scratches, abrasions, paint chips, or other damage caused to the external painted parts of the helmet due to impacts;
- scratches, abrasions, paint chips, or other damage caused to the helmet’s visor due to impacts or lack of proper cleaning;
- damage caused by the application of adhesives and/or glues;
- damage resulting from accidents;
- any changes or modifications made to the helmet by the user or by any third parties;
- damage resulting from any kind of paint/varnish applied to the outer shell by the user or by any third parties;
- color changes or damage caused by exposure to harmful chemicals;
- color changes or damage caused by exposure to sunlight and/or heat sources;
- changes in the fluorescent colors used in the graphics on certain models as a result of direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight;
- the use of incompatible accessories or other accessories not sold by CMS Helmets®;
Other defects not covered by the warranty include various types of specific and subjective situations that may arise while actively using the helmet such as, for example, comfort issues while riding, or aerodynamic noises.
CMS Helmets® may not be held responsible under any circumstances for accidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, death and bodily injury) resulting from the failure to observe the requirements contained herein concerning the CMS Helmets® products.
HOW TO SUBMIT CLAIMS FOR COVERAGE UNDER WARRANTY?
Any claims under this warranty must be submitted by the customer directly to the retailer where the helmet was purchased, with the defective product and the relative receipt or purchase invoice being presented simultaneously.
FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY AND THAT OF OTHERS, THE CUSTOMER CAREFULLY READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ACCOMPANYING THE HELMET, PRIOR TO CONTACTING THE RETAILER.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NO LONGER BE VALID ONCE 2 YEARS HAVE PASSED FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.
PARTICULAR ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS, IMPROPER USE, STORAGE CONDITIONS, ACCIDENTAL IMPACTS, NORMAL INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR WEAR, AND INVOLVEMENT IN ACCIDENTS, EVEN IF OF A LIMITED NATURE, COULD HAVE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT UPON THE PRODUCT’S MECHANICAL AND PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS, THUS COMPROMISING ITS PROPERTIES AND SUITABILITY FOR PROTECTION PURPOSES.
This warranty is valid throughout Europe, and is the only warranty offered by CMS Helmets® in connection with the sale of its products. It does not compromise the rights of the customer, as expressly provided by the regulations implementing European Directive 1999/44/EC.
The provision of services under warranty does not extend the duration of the warranty itself.
Therefore, in the event that the helmet or any of its components are replaced, the replaced product or component remains covered by the original warranty, whose expiry date is based the original helmet’s purchase date.